Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One Year Old Brock

I took Brock in for his one year checkup just after his birthday. He weighs 23 lbs 10 ounces (50-75%) and is 31 tall (75-90%). He wasn't too happy about his shots, and the doctor thinks he is getting molars in because of some gum swelling. He is beginning to walk more and more. He takes up to five or six steps and is so pleased with himself when he does. Today at the park he saw a little dog playing on the slide and he stood up in the middle of park and took five perfect steps to get a better look at the dog. It was so fun to watch. I love seeing the satisfaction on my kids faces when they accomplish things. Brock gets so excited with a big grin on his face, and will even clap for himself, which he learns from his parents and sister. I like to make a big deal out of his walking because it is a big deal, and he gets such a kick from it! He is starting to communicate really well with us lately and points to everything and says, "dat" which I think means, "what's that." I am looking forward to this year, he will learn to talk so much and be able to play a lot more with Madison.
Here are some of Brock's one year pictures taken by Liz Comstock. She did a great job, we love all of them. Thanks Liz, you can see her work here.

3 comments:

Dyan said...

Love the pictures! Happy Birthday Brock

Melina said...

The pictures are adorable. I love that you managed to get a picture with Brock holding up one finger. That's perfect.

Amy said...

He is so darling!! What a cutie!