Summer is the best time of the year, in my opinion. I love how warm it is (or really hot) and all the fun things you get to do. Having kids is the best because I get to use them as an excuse to go swimming everyday. When I worked I didn't like summer as much because I didn't get to be outside as much. This summer has already proved to be super busy, but so much fun. I think I am making up for last summer when I had Brock in July, so we really didn't do much after he was born. I am really bad at taking my camera, but we have done lots of fun things. My friends and I have been doing a Field Trip Friday where we go somewhere new each Friday, and so far we did a tour of Anderson Dairy, fed the ducks at Sunset Park, and went swimming at the M resort. My kids are little busy bodies, so it's easier and much more fun if we are on the move:)
Madi is so funny lately, she has been on a kick where she wants us to tell her stories, so she will say, "Tell me a story when I was little." The girl is not even 3 yet, so I start to run out of stories...
She has also been calling Dave and I by I first name. I have a hard time not laughing because she doesn't do it all the time, and when she does it is so subtle, like one of my friends is talking to me. She will say, What are you making for dinner, Stace? or When is Dave coming home from work? Or Dave, do you want to come jump with me? She will also say stuff like, Mom, where is your husband? Or, your husband got me a snack.
Whenever Brock starts to cry, the first thing she says is, "why is Brockie sad." And if she thinks he is getting into something he shouldn't, she goes over and picks him up and sets him down somewhere else. She only weighs about 5 pounds more than him, so it can't be too easy to pick him up!
2 comments:
That Madi is a funny girl!! Glad you are having a fun summer!!
I can't believe how big Brock is getting. What fun those two will have once he is running!
I have a hard time not laughing when Ryker calls us by our first names.....It really doesn't bother me, especially because he says it was such a sly smile, like he knows that he should be calling me Mom :)
Yes, it was so fun to see your parents. We caught up a little, but were inside the celestial room, so had to make it quick. Your mom and dad are such great people! Only wish you and David had been there too ;)
Post a Comment