Thursday, July 7, 2011

Spokane

We took a little trip to Spokane, WA, the week before the 4th of July. My brother and and sister in law Jeff and Maria (Dave's brother) are living there while Jeff is getting his Master's Degree. It was seriously so much fun. They showed us all around Spokane and other fun areas like Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, which is beautiful. The boys went golfing and Maria and I got to get pedicures, which was so fun! Madi and Brock loved playing with their cousin Boston, and the kids could have been content playing in their huge backyard all day! The weather was between 70-80 the whole time we were there, so it was a nice break from the sauna we are used to in Vegas. Maria is super creative and has an Etsy shop where she sells handmade decorative blocks you can see here. While we were visiting she made me lots of cute block for my kids and my house. I will post pics of the decorations we (OK mostly Maria..) made for Brock's 1st birthday, which is tomorrow! The trip turned out perfect and we loved spending so much time with Jeff, Maria and Boston. They worked so hard to make everything fun, but most of all we loved hanging out with them. Here are some pictures from the trip.
Our family in downtown Spokane.
Maria and I waiting at the carousel.
The kids playing at the park.
Look the beach..in Coeur d' Alene.
Waiting for Madi to finish her ride.
Pure joy! Madi loved every minute of her ride.
Feeding the ducks in downtown.
Cute blocks.
The giant wagon! It had a slide to get down.
Madi and Boston golfing.
Putting the kids to work for dinner.
Brock and Boston playing on the swing.
Thanks again Jeff and Maria! We had the best time, we can't wait to see you again in November!

2 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

This makes me miss Spokane!!! It really has so many fun places to visit with munchkins. Did you go to Manito Park? I'll have to visit with you more, because I'd love to hear where you ate, etc. So glad you were able to take a little trip to see family!

KylaGroneman said...

Oh fun I'm glad they got to see the radio flyer when I was a kid I loved playing there!